Water Damage Costs in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Edmonton
Water damage is a major cause of insurance claims and can cause extensive amount of destruction to your home or business. Many water damages result from unexpected natural disasters, such as extreme cold temperatures and severe rainstorms and floods. After a water damage, many home owners and business owners are concerned about the water damage repair costs. Restoration of a water damage should not be delayed, as it can lead to additional structural damage and mold contamination that may lead to extra costs.
At Canada's Restoration Services, we provide residential and commercial water damage restoration for all water damages including flooded basements
, sewer backups
, burst pipes, leaking appliances and emergency water damages
. Our team of IICRC certified professionals are fully equipped and prepared for water damages 24/7
and arrive on site within 45 minutes
Water Damage Repair Costs
- the category of water damage (for instance, clean water vs sewage water)
- extent of the destruction
- amount of contents (personal belongings, furnishings, etc.)
- amount of affected material
- amount of equipment required
- building and structural repairs that are required
How much does it cost for water damage restoration?
The cost of a water damage can start from hundreds of dollars to thousands of dollars for large commercial claims. Our main concern is to identify the source of the water damage, extract the water, dry or remove non-salvageable building materials in order to prevent additional secondary damages. The restoration procedure
follows guidelines and scientific calculations.
The best way to minimize the destruction created is to call a professional immediately after a water damage has occurred. This can prevent damages to unaffected areas, damage to personal belongings and furnishings, which can prevent mold growth and help prevent and eliminate the high costs of mold removal in Toronto
& the GTA.
Types of Water Damage
There are various types of water damages that can occur in your home or business, which affects the cost of repairs. We cleanup all types of water damages from the list below:
1. Clean Water Damage: This is caused by "clean" water coming from a pipe or rain, such as leaky faucets or running water. This water damage poses no threat to health if restoration is completed immediately. If cleanup is delayed, this category of water damage can escalate to a "grey water" damage.
2. Grey Water Damage: This type of water contains contaminants which poses some health threat and can lead to a serious threat if it not addressed quickly. Causes of grey water contamination are flooded toilets, burst pipes, sprinkles, overflowing washing machine and sump pump failures. All affected areas and contents that have been contaminated by the water must be cleaned, sanitized and restored back to pre-disaster conditions. Grey water can turn into black water within 48 hours.
3. Black Water Damage: This type of water contains pathogenic agents and poses a serious health threat if exposed or ingested. This type of water refers to water that contains urine and feces, such as overflowed toilets with feces, sewer back ups and water from rivers or streams. All affected materials and contents must be sanitized, cleaned and dried by professional water damage technicians. All items affected by this type of water are non-salvageable.
Cleanup needs to be handled by a professional only. At Canada's Restoration Services, we follow a strict step-by-step water restoration process that restores your home or business back to pre-disaster conditions and can help save cherished belongings. Our water remediation strategy depends on the type of water damage.
A thorough assessment and examination needs to be performed to understand the extent of the water damage and to construct a remediation strategy. Our water damage technicians are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, such as air scrubbers, air movers and dehumidifiers. Moisture leads to mold growth, which increasing the risk for serious health problems. If contacted immediately, we extract the water from your home or business to best prevent mould from growing.
We Work with Your Insurance
Most standard insurance policies will cover the costs of restoration. We understand that dealing with a water damage can be stressful and work hard to make it as easy as possible for you and your family. We work with your insurance adjuster and provide them with a detailed scope of work report and an analysis that contains our findings and measurements. We directly bill your insurance and work with your adjuster to ensure that you are happy with the results.