Toxic Black Mold Removal Toronto
Speckled dark grey or black spots popping up around your property? Don’t touch. Call Canada’s Restoration Services for mold testing and toxic black mold removal in Toronto and the GTA.
Not all black mold is toxic, but it’s virtually impossible for the average person to safely determine how dangerous the fungal intrusion is without professional mold removal services. While many property owners will try cleaning black mold independently, it is not safe to do so, even if the mold in question is not black mold. There are hundreds of species of mold detected across Canada, many of which are toxic.
Is the Black Mold Toxic?
Upon looking at a mold infestation, it can be challenging to determine whether the mold you’re dealing with is actually toxic. The best way to find out what type of mold you’re dealing with is through professional mold testing prior to cleaning black mold.
Here are some hints that you can use to identify black mold:
- Shape: black mold grows in a rounded shape that appears layered in colour and speckled in the area it has infested. Toxic black mold often occurs in very dark shades of grey and black, but black molds, in general, can range, sometimes even appearing to have orange or green tints.
- Texture: The longer you wait for black mold removal in Toronto, the more developed and intricate the texture becomes. When cleaning up black mold, technicians often describe the mold as velvety or soot-like in texture. It’s vital that you do not intentionally touch mold to try and assess its texture. Direct contact with molds, especially black mold, can lead to skin irritation, rashes, or an allergic reaction.
- Odour: slowly but surely, an infestation that has not undergone remediation will give off a strong odour described as musty or earthy. Some compare the pungent smell of black mold to rotting organic materials. If there is a similar odour you cannot place on your property, call Canada’s Restoration Services for a free inspection to determine whether you need black mold removal in Toronto.
- Water Damage: Like other invasive species of mold, the most common cause of black mold in residential and commercial properties around the city is water damage or standing water. When leaks or flooding occur, nearby materials like drywall, wood, and even fabrics absorb the moisture, resulting in a space conducive to mold growth.
Species of Black Mold in Toronto
While there are numerous species of black mold that can proliferate inside a home, not all of them pose substantial health risks to a healthy individual. However, it’s generally agreed that household mold should be removed, particularly if residents are immune-compromised.
It’s also generally agreed that black mold removal in Toronto should be performed by a mold professional. Mold removal Toronto is recommended in order to prevent long-term exposure. It’s this type of exposure that can generate negative health symptoms, even amongst people who are healthy.
Clearly, it’s far preferable to prevent the growth and spread of black mold in the first place. For the most part, this is accomplished by preventing the conditions and settings that cause mold. Once it’s there, however, mold removal and cleanup should guarantee complete elimination.
Black Mold usually begins after a water damage occurrence or water leak that has not been treated properly. Black Mold can be found on organic materials, with humidity above 55%. Wet materials provide black mold with the opportunity to grow. Black Mold Removal should only be completed by certified mold removal services in Toronto. The levels of toxins that this mold produce can be extremely dangerous to one's health if not removed of properly and safely.
Need Black Mold Removal in Toronto? 1-888-551-0514
Canada’s Restoration Services is an IICRC certified licensed company that specializes in safe mold remediation & mold removal in Toronto. The remediation of the black mold is a process that must follow specific guidelines. Our mold experts guarantee no cross-contamination and 100% mold
Health Implications of Black Mold Infestions
Even the least harmful species of mold can cause a physiological response to exposed humans and even pets. Black mold has the potential to be worse. That’s why, despite any temptation, the process of cleaning up black mold should only be left to the professionals with the tools and equipment to protect themselves and everyone in the area.
Some common symptoms of toxic black mold exposure include:
- Respiratory: coughing, post-nasal drip, sneezing
- Skin Irritation: dry skin, rashes, scaly skin, redness, hives
- Eye Irritation: watering, dry eyes, redness, discomfort
- Asthma: mold exposure can trigger asthma attacks, including wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness
Professional Mold Removal Toronto
Mold growth is common after water damage, or as a result of a slow water leak. Mold can also develop when air moisture is very high – but the key to survival is the organic material that mold can feed on. Because of the potential for toxicity, mold removal requires certified specialists to remove and remediate the outbreak. This, of course, includes the safe and hygienic disposal.
At Canada’s Restoration Services, in-house technicians are IICRC Certified, specializing in professional mold removal and mold remediation in Toronto. We follow specific industry guidelines and safety protocols to ensure the most effective elimination of mold and spores. More than that, we ensure NO cross-contamination and guarantee 100% mold clearance in all of the affected areas.
Toronto Black Mold Removal Process:
Canada’s Restoration Services undertakes a comprehensive mold removal process. We don’t take any shortcuts and we provide a Mold Removal Certificate to verify the efficacy of the work.
- Call the #1 Mold Removal Experts in Toronto: We will perform a free mold inspection in Toronto on any visible mold and will arrange third-party testing if required.
- Detailed Scope of Work & Estimate: Our mold specialists will work hard to ensure that you and your family are aware of what is occurring inside your home. A breakdown of an estimate will be provided as well. We will ensure that you and your family feel comfortable and safe and will walk you through the exact steps of the process for successful mold removal in Toronto.
- Black Mould Remediation Toronto: All areas affected will be contained and equipment will be running to avoid cross-contamination with the other areas of the house. The specialized technicians will be protected from head to toe wearing personal protective equipment.
Once the areas are contained, mold removal in Toronto will begin. All the affected building materials will be removed and cleaned. The affected waste will be disposed of and sealed in industry-approved bags.
A HEPA vacuum and antimicrobial wipe down will be performed in all areas.
All equipment and containment will remain for 24-48 hours after or until deemed clear by 3rd party mold testing in Toronto.
4. Mold Removal Certificate: After successful mold removal in Toronto, a certificate will be provided to you once the process is complete. This certificate is transferable if you plan on selling the property.
At Canada’s Restoration Services, we make sure that residents and/or occupants are aware of the work being done and the precautions being taken. We make every effort to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied with the work performed and the long-term remediation results.
For Professional Black Mold Removal in Toronto Trust Canada's Restoration Services
At Canada's Restoration Services, our experienced in-house mold technicians remove black mold for clients for all the major cities throughout Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. Our technicians are IICRC Certified and qualified to handle mold outbreaks of any size (we service residential and commercial buildings).
When the need arises, Canada's Restoration Services provides around-the-clock service through a special company division. For mold remediation in Toronto and restoration, call 1-888-551-0514 or contact us online.
Contact the #1 Mold Removal Specialists in Toronto for a free inspection 1-888-551-0514