Attic Mold Removal in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton
Findingmold in your home or business can be scary and frustrating. Mold or mould is a type of fungus that is formed through a few key ingredients including moisture, a surface to grow on, and a lack of air ventilation. Attic mold is a typical place to discover mold and can be remediated with the help of Canada's Restoration Services. Our professional mold removal company has been conducting mold inspections in attics and performing mold removal in attics for over 10 years. We are proud to announce that we provide a transferrablewarranty for up to 25 years for mold removal and mold remediation in attics. The warranty is listed on the property and is transferred to the new homeowner, if you decide to sell your home.
Book your free mold inspection today
Black mold, also called toxic black mold, can be commonly found in your home's attic. Improper venting, along with water damages, such as roof leaks, pipe leaks, and storms, can be the main cause of mold in your home. Mold can cause health problems in your family, including coughing, discomfort, sneezing, headaches, and congestion.
We advise all home owners and business owners to contact Canada's Restoration Services if they suspect they have mold. Not all mold is visible and can be confirmed with an air quality test. An air quality test is not required on visible mold, but we highly recommend conducting air quality tests for other areas of the home to test for any mold spores that may have formed through cross-contamination. We do not perform air quality testing and utilize third-party testing by an accredited air quality testing company. Homeowners and business owners should steer clear of companies who perform air quality testing and mold removal services, as this does indicate a conflict of interest which may lead to deceitful results.
MOLD IN ATTIC COST
The cost of mold removal varies on three factors:
where the mold is located
the amount of mold there is
how far the mold extends
The type of mold identified does not impact the price. Be wary of companies that claim that different types of mold require additional costs. At Canada's Restoration Services, we provide nationwide and local pricing to all our valued customers. Our experts are equipped with state of the art equipment and the latest technology to ensure that your home is 100% cleared of mold.
Having the proper equipment is essential to ensuring that the mold is fully removed in a quick and timely matter. In addition, following our Some of the equipment we utilize are:
GETTING RID OF MOLD
In order to physically remove mold, our mold removal professionals either blast the mold off by "media blasting", which consists of Soda Blasting or Dry Ice Blasting. Furthermore, our mold experts can also remove mold by grinding the mold off or applying a mold removal agent. This procedure is only followed when a small area of the attic is impacted.
Be careful. Some companies will offer to sell or cover the mold with paint. It is imperative that you run away from these companies, as this is a temporary method to cover up the mold and acts as a "bandaid". The mold will still remain and cause respiratory problems and health issues.
Over time, dust and dirt will create a layer over top of the paint or sealant and mold will continue to form on top.
Other forms of improper attic mold removal are:
Fogging - Dead spores can release toxins, and once there is a new source of moisture, the spores can become visible again. The spores need to actually be removed and a HEPA vacuum of the affected area is necessary for this to happen.
Insulation - This falls under the encapsulation or covering and only acts as a temporary cover-up.
SPEAK TO A MOLD REMOVAL EXPERT
PROCEDURE TO REMOVE MOLD IN ATTIC
1. Mold Inspection: A mold inspection is conducted by a mold inspector that is IICRC certified, highly trained, and considered a mold expert. Thermal imaging is necessary to do a proper and thorough inspection, moisture meters and hygrometers may also be needed.
2. Identify the source: The mold specialist will identify why the mold has grown. Most typical mold sources in the attic are improper ventilation and insulation as well as roof leaks.
3. Proper containment needs to be set up as well as negative air machines that need to be installed. This seals off the attic and prevents the mold from spreading to the rest of your home.
4. Media Blasting can now be performed, either by soda blasting or dry ice blasting. This is the only effective way to remove mold from your attic and will get into all of the nooks and crevices that otherwise would never be reached.
5. Hepa Sandwich is the only way to effectively remove all of the mold spores. This is done by HEPA vacuuming your attic, then cleaning, and then HEPA vacuuming again. This may need to be done several times throughout the entire process. Air scrubbers and negative air machines need to be running which will also aid in the removal of the mold spores.
6. Insulation Removal. Once all the mold has been removed from the attic, the contaminated insulation needs to be removed.
7. Insulation Replacement and Ventilation. Now that the attic is emptied out, proper ventilation can be installed and new, fresh installation can be blown in.
8. Final Fogging. A final fogging of the attic will be complete to provide a final sealant. Once this is complete all equipment and containments will be removed.
We follow IICRC guidelines when performing mold removal services. Our highly trained experts perform a strict step-by-step procedure to ensure that there is no cross-contamination and that the mold is fully removed. Once these 8 steps have been completed,Canada’s Restoration Services can provide you with a guarantee that the mold has been effectively removed and will not return, as long as a new source is not created, causing new mold growth.
BOOK YOUR FREE INSPECTION TODAY
Lean more about out Mold Removal Services in Canada