A Few Facts About Mold
- Mold can be found almost anywhere; it can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are Moulds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. Elevated Mould will be found indoors, the question is what type of Mould exists indoors and how much of it.
- The source of the water problem or leak must be repaired to prevent mold growth.
- Potential health effects and symptoms associated with Mould exposures include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory problems. People below the age of 5 and above the age of 50 are in the higher risk category, as well as people with weaker immune systems.
- The term "Toxic Mold" refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum also known as “Black Mold”. This is the most dangerous type of mold and it should not be found within your living and working environment.
What Can Cause Mold to Grow?
- It's already part of the environment, we need to know how to control our indoor air quality.
- Wet organic material that has not been dried.
- Lack of airflow – airflow helps keep materials dry, it's important in a humid environment.
- Humidity levels – High levels of humidity can provide the “source” of water Mold requires to grow.
In the above pictures, there had been a slow leak, and overtime, mold growth had started. As soon as you see signs of mold growth, do not wait!
Click here > To read about our Mold removal Frequently asked questions.
Or contact us by phone and speak to a live expert today! 1-888-551-0514