How Do I Choose a Mold Removal Company?
Many companies market themselves as mold contractors. How can you really know if they are in fact professional mold removal contractors?
When hiring a company for mold removal, consider the following:
- Does the company have liability insurance for mold removal? Their policy must clearly state that they are covered for working with mold otherwise they are not carrying the right coverage.
- Is the company an IICRC Certified Firm? If the company is an IICRC certified firm they should have a certificate issued by IICRC, The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification, with the company name clearly stated. This certificate confirms that the company has technicians who are properly trained and tested on mold removal protocols.
- Does the company encourage you to use a 3rd party for job clearance? When a customer requests a clearance following the completion of mold removal it should be done by a third company, a company other than the one who performed the removal. There is a conflict of interest when a company checks its own work and you, the customer, should be provided with the option to have a third party check the work and be protected.
- Does the company provide you with a copy of the mold cleanup protocol and scope of work detailing what will be done in your home to remove the mold?
- Is the company offering to remove the mold or just cover it up? Ensure that the company is not going to “seal” or “encapsulate” the mold, this just means that they will cover it. To rid your home or building of mold it has to be physically removed under mold removal protocols.
- Will the company provide you with a written work guarantee on the mold removal?
All professional and certified mold removal companies should be able to provide you with all the criteria above.
Canada's Restoration Services of Toronto, GTA, Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver follow all the industry guidelines listed above. We are fully trained and certified by the IICRC and have a 5 Million Pollution Liability. We do not do any air quality test in house, it is done by a 3rd party. We provide Warranties / Certificates on all our services.
If you experience mold in your property, give us a call today. We will schedule a free mold inspection and estimate 1-888-551-0514