Mold in the Attic - What should I do?
Posted in Mold Removal, on March 03, 2017 By Admin
Believe it or not, one of the most common areas for mold growth is in the attic of our homes. Attics are typically a place we do not spend a lot of time in therefore are easily forgotten about. Unfortunately, when we do peek up there, it can be a big surprise to find mold in the attic.What to do next?First of all, understand you are not alone – over 50% of homes contain mold in the attic and it is very common. Mold needs the right ingredients to start growing and attics that are not properly insulated and ventilated provide just that;
- Organic Material (wood sheathing and joists)
- Lack of air flow (improper ventilation)
- A water source (condensation from improper insulation and ventilation).
- Roof Leaks
- Improper Insulation – too much or too little
- Improper Ventilation – too much or too little
- Improperly installed exhaust vents