Attic Mold Removal for Plywood
Posted in Mold Removal, on June 01, 2022
Attic mold removal is urgent for many reasons, but unlike bathroom mold removal, which can sometimes be managed with do-it-yourself mold removal sprays, remediation of attic mold requires an expert remediation service like Canada’s Restoration Services. Inherently the attic is equipped with more hazards than other home areas. But, it’s also especially susceptible to mold due to water leaks, low or blocked ventilation, and a surplus of cellulose and organic materials in the attic in the form of insulation and wood. As a result, mold remediation in Toronto for attics requires a strategic approach.
Read on to learn how to get mold out of plywood with attic mold removal in Toronto.
Attic Mold & Plywood
Mold spreads by consuming organic materials as a food source, decaying those materials and spreading across them. Spores emitted by mold and fungi target damp or wet surfaces of these organic materials such as plywood. When DIY or over-the-counter mold removal sprays are used on wood or porous materials like drywall, they can actually embed spores further into the wood rather than eliminating them. For the best mold remediation in Toronto in hard-to-reach areas or porous materials, reach out to an IICRC-certified mold removal service in the Greater Toronto Area. Canada’s Restoration Services has advanced equipment and expertise for a strategic attic mold removal approach.
Signs of Attic Mold
If you’re not sure whether there is mold in your attic that needs to be removed, Canada’s Restoration Services offers free mold inspections in Toronto. Our technicians will carefully and safely assess your entire property to identify the scope and source of a mold problem.
But when do you call a mold removal service near you?
- Do you smell an overwhelming earthy odour?
- Are there mushrooms growing inside or outside?
- Has your property recently experienced a flood, leak, or sewage backup?
- Do you see patterned staining on your ceiling?
- Have you or another occupant experienced allergy-like symptoms seemingly randomly?
If you notice these signs of mold, but can’t trace it to a visible mold outbreak, you might require attic mold removal. Quickly schedule a mold inspection with Canada’s Restoration Services.
Attic Mold Removal
Attics are highly hazardous if special care is not taken. Attics are often home to pests, asbestos, lead, electrical wiring, and potentially toxic mold. As such, it is always best that mold remediation in the attic is handled by a certified mold removal specialist. If you are around the source of mold, personal protective equipment is essential to prevent spores from causing illness. Wear a mask and gloves, and tread carefully.
How to Stop Mold from Spreading
For homeowners who want to be proactive about mold infestation, there are some steps you can take to mitigate the spread of mold while still operating safely. After you contact Canada’s Restoration Services for mold remediation in Toronto, consider the following preventative measures you can put in place.
- Monitor Moisture: Use a hygrometer to measure moisture levels inside. Install a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your property.
- Assess Attic Ventilation: Poor attic ventilation or blocked ventilation traps moisture and heat in the attic making it more susceptible to mold
- Install New Insulation: Upgrade your attic insulation to mold-resistant alternatives that are less attractive to travelling mold spores infesting your attic.
- Repair Water Damage: Seal any attic leaks and restore water damage quickly. It only takes about 24 hours after a leak or water damage incident for mold to take over.
Professional Mold Remediation in Toronto
For all your mold removal needs, trust Canada’s Restoration Services. With more than a decade of experience and IICRC certification, our team of technicians offers reliable and results-oriented mold remediation in Toronto that follows safety standards and regional guidelines.