Safe Asbestos Removal – Never Clean It Yourself

Safe Asbestos Removal – Never Clean It Yourself

Homeowners today are handy, and when it comes to changing out different elements in the home or around an office area, things can be simple at first glance. However, if you are in an older home or you’re working on an office area and you are exposed to asbestos, you could develop serious health issues. Exposure to this may not immediately showcase symptoms, but over time you may end up developing cancer known as mesothelioma. This is a type of cancer that attacks the lungs and can cause serious problems. This may not just be in homes, it can be in offices, popcorn ceilings of apartment complexes, and a lot of other locations that you may not be aware of. 

Toxicity of Asbestos 

At the turn of the 19th century the application of asbestos was everywhere. It was utilized in a lot of fire retardant items, and spread across masonry, joints, drywall, piping, ceilings, lawn furnishings, fireplaces, and just about anywhere that may catch fire. It wasn’t until long range studies found that pulmonary issues developed amongst those that were exposed to the products. Toxicity wasn’t known early in the construction phases of many large scale cities and was widely used throughout offices, and construction. In certain countries it was even used all the way through the 1980s.

The toxicity here is in regards to breathing it over time. Dust, and other small particles can be inhaled without even knowing it. When that occurs, the dormant issues stays within the body and eventually develops into a mutation (cancer).

Removal Is Priority #1 

If you are working in and around an old building, or you have purchased a home that is older, it’s absolutely necessary to overhaul drywall, popcorn ceilings and more. We can assist with the cleanup and eradication of all major asbestos that may be lurking in your home or office. It’s better to be safe than sorry here, as you don’t want to wait for testing and all sorts of other waiting periods to come through.

It is also very important that you do not try to clean up or remove any items that may be contaminated with asbestos. Even if you are wearing a mask and goggles, it can still cause issues, so do not move forward with any demolition project or change. Allow us to take care of this for you and ensure that you have peace of mind, as we are trained to remove this. It’s never a good idea to risk exposure to this, as it will prove deadly. Even acute exposure can lead to mesothelioma, so allow trained professionals, like us to take care of the problem.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.