5 Reasons to Hire Professionals for Asbestos Removal
Posted in Asbestos Removal, on January 10, 2018
Asbestos is different from other construction material such as metal, wood, and cement. It can be both crumbly and bonded. Friable asbestos gets crushed by applying less pressure, while bonded materials need higher pressure to be destroyed. Regardless of the form of material, asbestos is easily agitated and airborne once it is powdered. Punching, hammering, and sawing will release asbestos dust in the air. The dust can cause severe health problems if they are inhaled.
Due to all the above-mentioned reasons, it is suggested to hire professionals for asbestos removal in Toronto:
- Proper Identification: Reliable asbestos removal companies will send professionals who will be able to know exactly which materials should be removed from your home. They will take samples; bring them to the lab, and come back with a complete report on the items that should be removed. Once they have identified the materials, they will know whether they have to be removed or sealed up, depending on the state of the materials. Some materials can be removed safely, while others are best to be left alone and sealed for your protection. Proper identification is necessary so that no item is left behind in the cleaning.
- Systematic Approach: Once professionals have identified the problem areas, they will come up with a plan on how to remove or seal the material with the least amount of disturbance. It is safer for everyone if the areas are less frequented or accessed by both the construction team as well as everyone in the house.
- Disturbance: Repair will always cause debris, something that can affect other houses in your neighbourhood. Careless handling of asbestos will also endanger your neighbours from asbestos exposure, which can result in expensive lawsuits as well. Professionals will be able to contain the debris and help protect you as well as your neighbours from asbestos.
- Proper Disposal and Safe Removal: Depending on your arrangements with your contractor, your fees may cover disposal of asbestos materials in a legal landfill site. Homeowners often have problems with acquiring such permissions. And delays will only endanger your family. Once a contract has been signed, your contractor will be able to dispose of your asbestos materials for you as soon as the cleanup is done.
- Health Hazards: Asbestos is extremely harmful to health and can cause health hazards such as Pleural Plaque, Asbestosis, Mesothelioma, Lung Cancer, Pleural Mesothelioma, Peritoneal Mesothelioma and Pericardial Mesothelioma. These are deadly diseases that can go undetected for years. Such companies also provide other services such as mould inspection in Toronto.