Asbestos Removal Costs
Asbestos Removal Costs will vary depending on:
- where the asbestos is found
- what type of asbestos it is
- the quantity of effected materials
Costs for Asbestos Removal and Asbestos Abatement can start at $500 and go up from there, depending on the factors mentioned.
Book your free inspection today 1-888-551-0514
Financing Available: At Canada's Restoration Services, our customers are our top priority. We understand that homeowners and business owners do not plan for asbestos removal or asbestos remediation. That is why we provide our customers with free in-house financing
As mentioned above, the cost for Asbestos Removal varies depending on certain factors. Every Asbestos job is unique, therefore the costs associated are dependent on the scope of work that needs to be followed. We perform free property inspections when asbestos is found so that we can determine what the proper scope of work will be on the removals and what the estimate will be.
What factors are involved in preparing an estimate?
Below are the factors that are taken into consideration when preparing an estimate for asbestos removal:
1. The affected area:
- Pipe Wrap
- Duct Wrap / Register Vents
- Floor / Ceiling Tiles
- Drywall / Plaster
- Popcorn Ceiling /Stucco Ceiling
- Attic Vermiculite Insulation
2. Amount of area affected:
- Square Feet
- Linear Feet
3. Type of asbestos:
4. What percentage of asbestos the material contains:
Asbestos levels above 0.5%,
- Above 2%
- Above 3%
- Above 5%
5. Disposal of Asbestos Product Waste
- The cost for disposal of Asbestos waste differs from province to province
- Distance of travel to the landfill and the weight of the waste
All the factors above will determine the "level" of asbestos removal that is required.
Three Levels of Asbestos Removal (Ontario, Ottawa & Montreal)
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
The majority of asbestos removals will fall under the Type 2 or 3 category. However smaller projects, such as Asbestos Register Vent Removal, fall under the Type 1 Category as the area is 1 sqft.
Two Levels of Asbestos removal (Edmonton, Calgary & Vancouver)
- Low Risk
- High Risk
A High-Risk Asbestos Removal job requires daily air monitoring during the process which is performed by third party hygienists to prevent a conflict of interest.
Method of Asbestos Removal
- Glove Bag Removal - This is typically used around pipes and ductwork, which is executed with local containments
- Full Containment Removal - This is used on the majority of asbestos removal projects where the entire room(s) is contained and removals are complete.
Working on older buildings, regulations state that before any renovation or demolition project begins a DSS (Designated Substance Survey) must be completed. This will test for any asbestos or hazardous materials that the building could contain.
Call us today for a Free Inspection 1-888-551-0514
Asbestos Removal and Abatement Services:
Asbestos Pipe Wrap & Duct Wrap Removal
Asbestos Register Vent Removal and Vermiculite Removal