When Am I Supposed To Get My Air Ducts Cleaned?
Here’s when we recommend having your air ducts cleaned:
- if you have, or had, a mold problem in your home
- if you have experienced unwanted house guests i.e. rodents
- if you can see particles of dust or debris coming from your vents
- if your air system has been exposed to water
- following renovation work
- if you have pets or smokers in the house (or if you are purchasing a new home where the previous owners had pets or smoked).
- If you have pets, we recommend having your air ducts cleaned every 3-6 months, as pet hair and dander can build up in the ducts and get circulated throughout your home
- If you have allergies, we recommend having your air ducts cleaned every 6-12 months, as allergens like pollen and dust can also build up in the ducts.
- If you have smokers in your home, we recommend having your air ducts cleaned every 6-12 months, as smoke can also build up in the ducts and affect your indoor air quality.
- If you have a lot of construction or remodeling work done in your home, we recommend having your air ducts cleaned after the work is completed to remove any dust or debris that may have been stirred up.
It’s important to keep your air ducts clean to ensure the quality of the air you and your family breathe. Luckily, it’s not difficult to do - have your home inspected by a reputable company approximately every 5 – 7 years to see if it’s time for a cleaning.
If you do find that you need your air ducts cleaned, the professionals at CRS can help. We offer comprehensive air duct cleaning services for both residential and commercial properties.