Attic Mold Removal
We are proud to be the only nationwide restoration company to provide up to 25 year warranty for mold removal and remediation (in attics); if allowed to perform the protocol and procedures as well as working with a trusted insulation removal company.
We are Canada's #1 Trusted Restoration Company that you can rely on it to get the job finished, correctly, and ensure that the mold does not return.
Call us today to schedule your FREE attic mold inspection on visible mold 1-888-551-0514.
- Fogging. Dead spores can release toxins, and once there is a new source of moisture, the spores can become visable again. The spores need to actually be removed and a hepa vacuum of the effected area is necessary for this to happen.
- Insulation. Again, this falls under the encapsulation or covering and only acts as a bandaid; mold will grow back.
The correct way to remove mold in the attic:
- An inspection by an experienced inspector who is IICRC certified and trained in Mould needs to be done. Thermal imaging is necessary to do a proper and thorough inspection, moisture meters and hygrometers may also be needed. A secondary inspection should be performed by an insulation company in order to help determine the next step:
- Identify the source. Between both the mold specialists and the insulation specialists, we will identify why the mold has grown. Most typical mold sources in the attic are inproper ventilation and insulation as well as roof leaks.
- Proper containment needs to be set up as well as negative air machines need to be installed. This seals off the attic and prevents the mold from spreading to the rest of your home.
- Media Blasting can now be performed, either by soda blasting or dry ice blasting. This is the only effective way to remove mold from your attic and will get into all of the nooks and crevices that otherwise would never be reached.
- Hepa Sandwich is the only way to effectively remove all of the mold spores. This is done by hepa vacuuming your attic, then cleaning and then hepa vacuuming again. This may need to be done several times throughout the entire process. Air scrubbers and negative air machines need to be running which will also aid in the removal of the mold spores.
- Insulation Removal. Once the all the mold has been removed from the attic, the contaminated insulation needs to be removed.
- Insulation Replacement and Ventilation. Now that the attic is emptied out, proper ventilation can be installed and new, fresh installation can be blow in.
- Final Fogging. A final fogging of the attic will be complete to provide a final sealant. Once this is complete all equipment and containments will be removed.
Our Teams in Toronto, GTA, Ottawa, Montreal, Laval, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver are fully certified and trained to identify mold in the attic, and give the right recommendations so that the mold growth does not return.
Call us for a FREE inspection!